Delivery deadline for all completed projects is Tuesday, February 27
These specifications are effective as of Janaury 5 but are subject to change.
Please confirm the length of your film/clip by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by January 30.
Film and Sound Delivery
- New Films, Films in Production, and Trailers must be delivered to IMAX by Tuesday, February 27, 2018. This is an absolute, hard deadline. Films in Production projects received after this date will be moved from Films in Production to Projects in Development.
- Distributors and producers are encouraged to submit films as early as possible. The earlier the projects are delivered, the more time there is available to address any unexpected issues or concerns that arise.
- IMAX will prepare the content for presentation at the GSCA Film Expo. After the Film Expo all the source materials will be returned to the submitters and all data will be wiped from IMAX systems.
- Trailers may be attached to new films only if indicated on submission form.
Delivery Of New Films, Films in Production and Trailers to GSCA
- Preferred delivery method: Aspera Faspex, refer to Appendix A
- Optional delivery: USB 2.0 compatible hard drive or thumbdrive
- Deliver to: Patricia Keighley, IMAX Corporation, 12582 West Millennium Drive, Los Angeles, CA, 90094, (310) 255-5571
- Include prepaid FedEx or UPS return label
Non-IMAX 2D DCP’s Less Than 30 Minutes In Length
- Deliver as a SMPTE standard 24fps DCP
- Content will be projected at 11 foot lamberts
- If encrypted, please contact email@example.com and GSCA2018@imax.com to request the server certificate
- Provide KDM range of dates March 9 to March 15.
For 2D Non-IMAX Content Greater Than 30 Minutes, 3D Content or 1.43 Content
- Deliver as a SMPTE standard 24fps DCP
- Encode using JPEG2000 compression up to and no greater than 400 Mbps
- For audio specifications refer to Appendix B
- If 3D, please create an interleaved DCP
- Target 22 foot lamberts for 2D material and 10 foot lamberts an eye for 3D material
- For content taller than 1.9:1 up to 1.43:1 full screen material, pre-process the image in your DCP package by squeezing the vertical dimension by exactly 24.8%. The anamorphic lens of the projector will expand the image to the correct ratio. See Appendix C for an image example.
- If delivering encrypted content, please login to your GSCA account and navigate to this link for the DKDM certificates.
- Please send DKDM date range from dates February 27 to March 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org and GSCA2018@imax.com
IMAX Laser 2D Or 3D DCP’s of Any Length
- Submit your order to IMAX specifying version and authoring KDM range of dates March 9-15.
The above list is not all encompassing. If there are any questions about acceptable delivery file formats, please email GSCA2018@imax.com as alternative file formats may be acceptable.
All materials should be delivered to
Attention: Patricia Keighley
12582 West Millennium Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90094
Please email Tammy Seldon email@example.com and GSCA2018@imax.com with your shipping details so that we can watch for your delivery and track it. In the shipping materials, please include the name of the film as it was submitted so we can efficiently track submitted films.
Daily penalties will be assessed for films not received by the deadline. Only the GSCA Executive Committee may waive fees. The GSCA staff will not have the authority to waive fees or accept projects after the final deadline. The late films charge per day is $150 per day.
- New films will have five minutes of introduction time.
- Films in Production will have two minutes of introduction time.
A speaker’s timing device will be used to keep us on schedule. Presenters will be able to introduce their film clip from the podium but not during the running of a film clip unless your clip is silent. Please note this theater does not have the ability to "duck" the sound during the running of film, so presenters will need to choose between sound from the booth to accompany a film clip or the mic at the podium while film is running.
Rehearsals for films will be held Sunday, March 11. Unfortunately, requests for specific rehearsal times cannot be accommodated. If your film is scheduled to be rehearsed, you must designate who will be present for your rehearsal to Tammy Seldon, GSCA Executive Director. If you do not notify the GSCA who will be present for your rehearsal, your film will be removed from the rehearsal schedule. Failure to attend a scheduled rehearsal will result in a $500 penalty.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Email is often the best way to reach IMAX (GSCA2018@imax.com) and Tammy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cancellations and Penalties
Should the project submitted not be available for presentation at the GSCA Conference, 50 percent of the original screening fee will be refunded to the submitting party.
Daily penalties will be assessed for films not received by the deadline. Only the GSCA Executive Committee may waive fees. The GSCA staff will not have the authority to waive fees or accept projects after the final deadline. The late delivery charge is $150 per day (weekend days included) until the film is delivered. All late fees must be paid before the Conference begins in order for the film to be screened for delegates.
GSCA cannot guarantee that films received after the deadline will be screened at the Conference.
Prior to event: 50% due
September 1: remainder due
30 days after the event: remainder due plus 10% late fee
90 days after the event: remainder due plus 20% late fee and notification to the GSCA Treasurer
If there are further questions about this process, please call Tammy Seldon at 1-919-346-1123 or e-mail email@example.com.