Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon
Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D
takes audiences to the surface of the Moon to walk alongside the extraordinary Apollo astronauts who have stepped upon its surface. With never-before-seen photographs, CGI renditions of the lunar landscape, and previously unreleased NASA footage, audiences are immersed in the life-changing experiences of these astronauts by showcasing what they saw, heard, felt, thought, and did while on the lunar surface.
- Outstanding Visual Effects in a Special Venue Project, Visual Effects Society (VES), 2005.
- Kodak Vision Award, La Geode Film Festival, 2006.
|The film's content is based on "The Lunar Surface Journals," a massive archival database compiled over the last decade by Dr. Eric Jones, which chronicles the moon walks as recounted by the astronauts.
- Alternate Titles:
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: Yes
- Run Time: 40 minutes
- Format: 15/70
- Produced By:
- Executive Producer: Mark Herzog, Hugh Murray
- Producer: Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman
- Director: Mark Cowen
- Associate Producer:
- Writer: Christopher Cowen
- Cinematography: Sean Phillips
- Sound Editor:
- Visual Effects:
- Music/Score: James Newton Howard
- Editor: William Schinski
- Narrator: Tom Hanks
- Other Credits: Includes the voices of Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, Matt Damon, Morgan Freeman, Paul Newman, Bill Paxton, Alan Shepard, Gary Sinise, and John Travolta.
- Sponsors: Lockheed Martin Corporation and filmed with the cooperation of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration