Journey to the South Pacific 3D
Narrated by Cate Blanchett, Journey to the South Pacific will take moviegoers on a breathtaking IMAX® 3D adventure to the lush tropical islands of remote West Papua, where life flourishes above and below the sea. Join Jawi, a young island boy, as he takes us on a journey of discovery to this magical place where we encounter whale sharks, sea turtles, manta rays, and other iconic creatures of the sea. Home to more than 2,000 species of sea life, this exotic locale features the most diverse marine ecosystem on earth. An uplifting story of hope and celebration, Journey to the South Pacific highlights the importance of living in balance with the ocean planet we all call home.
An IMAX Entertainment and MacGillivray Freeman Films presentation, Journey to the South Pacific is directed by two-time Academy Award®-nominated filmmaker Greg MacGillivray (The Living Sea, Dolphins, Everest) and Stephen Judson (Everest, The Alps) and produced by Shaun MacGillivray (To The Arctic, Grand Canyon Adventure) and Mark Krenzien (Adventures in Wild California, Arabia). Filmed with IMAX® 3D 15perf / 65mm film cameras, Journey to the South Pacific is written by Stephen Judson (Everest, To The Arctic) with a musical score by Steve Wood.
|Documentary, Nature, Destination, Ecology, Oceanography, Cultural Studies
- Best Marketing Campaign by a Distributor, GSCA 2014 Achievement Awards
- Best Documentary Feature Film, Blue Ocean Film Festival and Conservation Summit, November 2014.
|This film is available only in IMAX-branded 2D and 3D theaters (15/70, IMAX digital, and IMAX dome).
- Alternate Titles:
- Released: November 27, 2013
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: Yes
- Run Time: 40 minutes
- Format: 15/70, IMAX Digital, Dome-customized 15/70
- Distributor: IMAX Corporation, MacGillivray Freeman Films
- Produced By: IMAX Corporation, MacGillivray Freeman Films, One World One Ocean Foundation, MacGillivray Freeman Films Educational Foundation
- Executive Producer: Greg Foster, Harrison Smith, Chris Palmer
- Producer: Shaun MacGillivray (producer), Mark Krenzien (producer), Neal Allen (senior producer), DJ Roller (co-producer)
- Director: Greg MacGillivray, Stephen Judson
- Associate Producer:
- Writer: Stephen Judson
- Cinematography: Ground Photography: Greg MacGillivray, Shaun MacGillivray, Brad Ohlund, Robert Walker. Underwater photography: DJ Roller (Liquid Pictures), Howard Hall, Peter Kragh. Aerial photography: Michael Kelem (SpaceCam Systems)
- Sound Editor: Andrew DeCristofaro
- Visual Effects: Visual Effects Unit: Matthew Muller, Tim Amick, Jonathan Shaw. Opening and end title sequence: Alan Markowitz, Visceral Image Productions. TD/Visual effects supervisor: Michael Roderick.
- Music/Score: Steve Wood
- Editor: Stephen Judson, Jonathan Shaw
- Narrator: Cate Blanchett
- Other Credits: Digital image processing: Reliance MediaWorks. Digital image post production: RPG Productions. Stereoscopic conversion: Sassoon Film Design.