Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: An IMAX 3D Experience
Emboldened by the return of Lord Voldemort, the Death Eaters are wreaking havoc in both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that new dangers may lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. He needs Harry to help him uncover a vital key to unlocking Voldemort's defenses, critical information known only to Hogwarts' former Potions Professor, Horace Slughorn. With that in mind, Dumbledore manipulates his old colleague into returning to his previous post with promises of more money, a bigger office, and the chance to teach the famous Harry Potter.
Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts. Harry's long friendship with Ginny Weasley is growing into something deeper, but standing in the way is Ginny's boyfriend, Dean Thomas, not to mention her big brother Ron. But Ron's got romantic entanglements of his own to worry about, with Lavender Brown lavishing her affections on him, leaving Hermione simmering with jealousy yet determined not to show her feelings. And then a box of love potion-laced chocolates ends up in the wrong hands and changes everything.
As romance blossoms, one student remains aloof with far more important matters on his mind. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead, and Hogwarts may never be the same again.
This is the sixth installment in the Harry Potter series.
|Drama, Fantasy, Reformatted
|The film's opening sequence, approximately 12 minutes, has been converted to IMAX 3D.
- "More than 4,500 Midnight Shows Sold Out as Harry Potter Aims for the Record Books," Los Angeles Times, June 14, 2009
- "Potter Poised to Cast Spell on B.O.," Variety, July 13, 2009
- "How IMAX Wizards Convert Harry Potter to 3D," Wired.com, August 6, 2009
- Alternate Titles:
July 15, 2009. U.S. IMAX release delayed until July 29 except for select theaters in Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York because of IMAX's agreement with Paramount for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: Yes
- Run Time: 164 minutes
- Format: 35mm reformatted to 15/70, Digital
- Produced By:
- Executive Producer: Lionel Wigram
- Producer: David Heyman, David Barron, John Trehy
- Director: David Yates
- Associate Producer:
- Writer: Steve Kloves, based on the book by J.K. Rowling
- Cinematography: Bruno Delbonnel
- Sound Editor:
- Visual Effects:
- Music/Score: Nicholas Hooper
- Editor: Mark Day
- Other Credits: Starring Daniel Radcliff, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Jim Broadbent, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall, David Thewlis, Julie Walters.