Ultimate Wave Tahiti, The
Featuring nine-time world surfing champion Kelly Slater, The Ultimate Wave Tahiti
will immerse audiences in the story of an ocean wave and the lives it impacts and transforms. From astounding 3D surfing action to the chaos of ocean storms, the film leads audiences on a quest to understand one of this planet’s most intriguing and dramatic phenomena.
Action in Ultimate Wave
focuses on Tahiti and the volcanic islands of French Polynesia, home to some of the world’s most challenging surfing and to astounding coral reef ecosystems at the turbulent interface between island and ocean. The islands are also a homeland of the Polynesian seafaring culture and the surfing art integral to the film.
|Documentary, Sports, Oceanography, Cultural Studies, Nature
Best Ocean Sports Film, Blue Ocean Film Festival, August 28, 2010
- "Catching the Ultimate Wave Just Got Easier," surf.co.nz, August 24, 2010
- "Super Surfer Kelly Slater Searches for the Ultimate Wave in Paradise," The Vancouver Sun (online), March 31, 2010
- "Stephen Low's Ultimate Wave Premieres in 3D IMAX," www.northernstars.ca, Feb. 9, 2010.
- "Kelly Slater Teaches Science Through Surfing," The Orange County Register (www.ocregister.com), February 9, 2010.
- "Kelly Slater and Fabled Tahiti Surf Teahupoo Hit IMAX Screen," www.usatoday.com, February February 10, 2010.
- "Surfing Tahitian Style," Seacoastonline.com, February 16, 2010.
- "Slater on the Big Screen," WWOS.com.au, February 27, 2010
- Alternate Titles:
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: Yes
- Run Time: 40 minutes
- Format: 15/70, 8/70, IMAX Digital, DCI-compliant digital, Dome-customized 15/70, Fulldome, Digital 4K
- Produced By:
- Executive Producer: Jeff Cutler, Mark Kresser, Terry Hardy
- Producer: Pietro Serapiglia
- Director: Stephen Low
- Associate Producer:
- Writer: Alexander Low
- Cinematography: Mark Poirier
- Sound Editor:
- Visual Effects:
- Music/Score: Michel Cusson
- Editor: James Lahti
- Narrator: Michael Hanrahan
- Other Credits: Featuring nine-time world surfing champion Kelly Slater
- Sponsors: Suzuki, Tahiti Tourisme, Quiksilver