Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience, The
The follow-up to Batman Begins
, The Dark Knight
reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. In The Dark Knight
, Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as the Joker.
|Drama, Fantasy, Reformatted
Best Film Produced Non-Exclusively for the Giant Screen, Giant Screen Cinema Association, September 2009
|Six sequences were filmed with IMAX cameras, including the opening six minutes. This marks the first time that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras.
with DOP Wally Pfister in Variety
, December 31, 2008.
- Alternate Titles:
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: No
- Run Time: 142 minutes
- Format: 35mm reformatted to 15/70
- Produced By:
- Executive Producer: Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy, Thomas Tull
- Producer: Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan
- Director: Christopher Nolan
- Associate Producer:
- Writer: Screenplay by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan. Story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. Based on characters created by Bob Kane and published by DC Comics.
- Cinematography: Wally Pfister
- Sound Editor:
- Visual Effects:
- Music/Score: Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard
- Editor: Lee Smith
- Other Credits: Starring Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Morgan Freeman