Star Trek: The IMAX Experience
The greatest adventure of all time begins with Star Trek
, the incredible story of a young crew's maiden voyage onboard the most advanced starship ever created: the USS Enterprise. On a journey filled with action, comedy, and cosmic peril, the new recruits must find a way to stop an evil being whose mission of vengeance threatens all mankind.
The fate of the galaxy rests in the hands of bitter rivals. One, James Kirk (Chris Pine), is a delinquent, thrill-seeking Iowa farm boy. The other, Spock (Zachary Quinto), was raised in a logic-based society that rejects all emotion. As fiery instinct clashes with calm reason, their unlikely but powerful partnership is the only thing capable of leading their crew through unimaginable danger, boldly going where no one has gone before.
|Reformatted, Drama, Science Fiction
|Released in IMAX for a special, limited, two-week run starting May 7, 2009.
- Alternate Titles:
May 7, 2009
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: No
- Run Time: 126 minutes
- Format: 35mm reformatted to 15/70, Digital
- Produced By:
- Executive Producer: Bryan Burk, Jeffrey Chernov, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman
- Producer: J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof
- Director: J.J. Abrams
- Associate Producer:
- Writer: Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, based on Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Cinematography: Dan Mindel
- Sound Editor:
- Visual Effects:
- Music/Score: Michael Giacchino
- Editor: Maryann Brandon, Mary Jo Markey
- Other Credits: Starring Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, John Cho, Ben Cross, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Winona Ryder, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Telchin, Eric Bana, Leonard Nimoy