Director of Motion Picture Theatre Operations
Company: Marine Corps Heritage Foundation
Location: Dumfries, Virginia, USA
Contact: Susan Hodges, Vice President, Finance and Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marine Corps Heritage Foundation in Dumfries, Virginia, has an opening for an experienced Director of Motion Picture Theatre Operations to manage the operations, staffing and marketing of our new 369-seat Medal of Honor Theatre scheduled to open in the Spring of 2017. The theatre will feature a forty-minute signature film that will immerse visitors in the experience of being a United States Marine. The Medal of Honor Theatre will feature a Christie Laser Projection System. The theatre will also be used for special events, meetings and presentations, weddings and other appropriate functions. Medal of Honor Theatre will be open seven (7) days a week. Weekly work schedule may vary depending upon the operational needs of the theatre including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing and scheduling related to signature film and other bookings as necessary
- Maintain, handle all PM and ensure the security for projection booth to include light boards, sound boards, and projectors.
- Manage set up and operation of all special event activities within the theatre.
- Responsible for a preventative maintenance (PM) in the theatre including not only the auditorium and concessions and food storage areas but the projection booth and all equipment contained therein.
- Responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies designed to both promote the theatre and its varied offerings and increase annual attendance at the theatre.
- Provide effective coaching and delegation to team according to operational and procedural needs, maintaining high standards and following up on specific direction provided.
- Manage staffing requirements, to include the hiring of seasonal help.
- Ensure on-going staff development, including cross training and advanced positions.
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with all areas of staff to include MCHF, NMMC, vendors and visitors.
- Complete and post theatre employee schedules in a timely fashion.
- Manage all aspects of customer service and guests relations adhering to the high standards required by the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation.
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors, guests and staff of the theatre and the National Marine Corps Museum, as well as the Marine Corp Heritage Foundation and demonstrate a strong customer-focused, service-oriented work ethic.
- 3-5 years of motion picture theatre management experience.
- A degree in business or management preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation and maintenance of Digital Projection, Automation, State of the Art Sound Systems and Point of Sale systems.
- Experience with special event coordination and execution including setup and operation of projection, lighting and sound.
- Understanding of or proficiency in IT and Networking configuration, operation, and maintenance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of the operation and management of motion picture theatre including staffing, scheduling and customer service.
- Experience and knowledge to ensure operation meets all applicable Health Code requirements. Documented Food Safety Training and Certification preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Physically capable of bending, stooping, and lifting moderate loads.
Send resume to Susan Hodges, Vice President, Finance and Administration, email@example.com