Film Projectionists (temporary positions)
Company: IMAX Corporation
Tracking Code 201
What we’re about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 40 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
IMAX Corporation is currently seeking experienced IMAX Film Projectionists for a temporary assignment (up to 8 weeks). We are seeking to fill numerous locations throughout the United States. The primary responsibility of the IMAX Film Projectionist is to provide all of our guests with a positive visual and audio experience. It will be your duty to consistently maintain a professional, clean, and flawless presentation.
What you’ll be doing:
• Load and operate 1570 film projector, audio source, reel units, assemble and/or repair film prints.
• Present IMAX films in a clear, clean and professional manner.
• Constant monitoring of the equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Check for correct volume level and automation before each show.
• Constant monitoring of the image on the screen to ensure proper focus, brightness and cleanliness.
• Watches each presentation, focusing on show quality, technical difficulties, projector light level, and film threading. Monitors playback units, sound console, and other audio systems.
• Assure audio is always in sync with film.
• Perform cleaning tasks listed on daily and weekly checklists.
• Monitor any video recording or flash photography in theatre.
• Must remain in projection booth at all times while film is running.
• Communicate any issues, verbally and written, with Lead and Managers.
• Communicate with other projectionists at shift change.
• Provides routine technical maintenance for selected projectors (changing lamps, cleaning optics, replacing wiper bar, etc.) as required.
• Performs scheduled prevention maintenance and emergency repairs to keep all projection systems in good working order.
• Maintains a log of print condition, to include condition upon receipt, any damage to print during a run, and upon shipping the print out of the booth.
• Professionally interacts with the public and internal customers, answers questions, and completes other duties as assigned.
• Communicate with Theatre Ushers and Box Office Cashiers to ensure shows start on time and to inform them of any issues or concerns.
What we’re looking for:
• Punctual and reliable attendance is required.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays, as well as evenings and work days, is required.
• One year minimum of general experience in the operation and maintenance of IMAX projection and audio/visual equipment.
• Must be familiar with the audio/visual equipment and able to perform basic service and repair, and operate a wide range of electrical, electronic, and optical equipment.
The Projectionist must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 200 pounds or more (using a mechanical lift). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus in changing light conditions.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.