We’re making some changes to the Theater Attendance Reporting Program (TARP).
First, we’re enlisting the help of industry veteran Cherie Rivers to help us collect attendance data. Cherie will be contacting theaters soon to get your monthly attendance numbers. You don’t need to log in and enter the data yourself!
Second, we’ve heard from many theaters that separating documentary from Hollywood attendance would be helpful, so Cherie will be asking you for attendance figures for both (if you show Hollywood films).
And finally, we’re taking TARP off the website for now. Our current reporting program is antiquated (almost 20 years old!) and doesn’t allow us to do additional calculations without a complete rebuild of the program. We are working to find a database solution that will allow for additional reporting features. GSCA staff will be managing the data in the meantime. We will be providing reports to members via the dashboard, and members can also contact GSCA staff at any time for additional reports.
What is TARP?
GSCA's Theater Attendance Reporting Program (TARP) is a benefit of GSCA membership. With this program, theaters report how many people saw a movie in their theater each month. For theaters that include Hollywood films in their programming, we ask for both documentary attendance and Hollywood attendance each month. GSCA guarantees that individual theater data is anonymous and is used only to calculate aggregate numbers. Individual theater data is never shared.
How Do I Report My Attendance Now?
1. Email your attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please indicate the following in your email:
- Theater name
- Month(s) and year(s) being reported
- Documentary Attendance
- Hollywood Film Attendance
- We’ll add documentary and Hollywood film attendance together to get your total attendance, unless you provide a different total attendance figure.
How Do I Get a Report?
- Email your report request to email@example.com
- Please indicate the month(s) and year(s) you would like included on the report.
- Please indicate the analysis you would like included on the report. Currently, we can tabulate YTD average attendance, YTD vs. last year, and YTD vs. 3-year average for all reporting theaters, North American theaters, non-North American Theaters, dome theaters, flat screen theaters, 3D theaters, and non-3D theaters
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve TARP. Our goal is to get more theaters reporting and to collect as much data as possible—current and historical—so we can accurately report industry trends, and we think these changes will help us do that.