November 18, 2014—GSCA is pleased to announce the results of the 2015 Board of Directors election. The following candidates will join the board for a two-year term beginning on January 1, 2015.
Representing Institutional Theaters:
- Kim Cavendish, Museum of Discovery and Science
- Alan Nursall, TELUS World of Science-Edmonton
- Berend Reijnhoudt, Omniversum
- Glenn Shaver, Ontario Science Centre
- Gordon Stalans, Tennessee Aquarium
- Jonathan Barker, SK Films
- Mark Katz, National Geographic Studios
- Daniel Ferguson, Cosmic Picture
- Phil Streather, Principal Large Format
Representing Manufacturers, Suppliers, and Other Related Businesses:
- Mike Lutz, IMAX Corporation
They will join the following board members, who still have one year left on their board term:
- Michele Canto, Canadian Museum of History
- Diane Carlson, Pacific Science Center
- Laurent Dondey, La Geode
- Rick Gordon, RPG Productions
- Tim Hazlehurst, Marbles Kids Museum
- Bob Harman, MacGillivray Freeman Films
- Martin Howe, TEQ4
- Shaun MacGillivray, MacGillivray Freeman Films
- Derek Threinen, Giant Screen Films/D3D Cinema
- Lisa Truitt, THINK Creative
- Paul Wild, IMAX Victoria in the Royal BC Museum
The Euromax representative is Julien Bollee, Bollee Productions.
Officers and committee chairs will be announced in late December.
GSCA extends its sincere appreciation to the following outgoing board members, who completed their terms in 2014:
- Mark Bretherton, Worlds Biggest Screens Pty.
- Toby Mensforth, Event Network