Film delivery information is for new films, films in production, and trailers that have been submitted for the Conference.
Content to be shown in IMAX must be delivered to IMAX
by Friday, August 16, 2019
All digital content (new films, films in production, and trailers) must be received at IMAX Post by August 16. Content not received by August 16 will be removed from the schedule.
IMAX will prepare the content for presentation at the GSCA Conference. After the Conference, all the source materials will be returned to the submitters and all data will be wiped from IMAX ’s systems. All are encouraged to submit films as early as possible. The earlier the projects are delivered, the more time there is available to address any unexpected issues or concerns that arise.
Delivery of Content for GSCA
- Preferred delivery method: Aspera Faspex, refer to Appendix A
- All content must be named through the Digital Naming Convention http://isdcf.com/dcnc/
- Optional delivery: USB 2.0 compatible hard drive or thumbdrive
- Include prepaid FedEx or UPS return label
All materials should be delivered to:
IMAX Post Inc., Attention: Patricia Keighley
12582 West Millennium Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90094
Please email Tammy Seldon email@example.com and GSCA2019@imax.com with your shipping details so that we can watch for your delivery and track it. All content must be named through the Digital Naming Convention http://isdcf.com/dcnc/
Non-IMAX 2D DCP’S Less Than 30 Minutes in Length
- Deliver as a SMPTE standard 24fps DCP
- Content will be projected at 11 foot lamberts
- If encrypted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and GSCA2019@imax.com to request the server certificate
- Provide KDM range of August 15-September 22, 2019
For 2D Non-IMAX Content Greater Than 30 Minutes, 3D Content or 1.43 Content
- Deliver as a SMPTE standard 24fps DCP
- Encode using JPEG2000 compression up to and no greater than 400 Mbps
- For audio specifications refer to Appendix B
- If 3D, please create an interleaved DCP
- Target 22 foot lamberts for 2D material and 10 foot lamberts an eye for 3D material
- For content taller than 1.9:1 up to 1.43:1 full screen material, pre-process the image in your DCP package by squeezing the vertical dimension by exactly 24.8%. The anamorphic lens of the projector will expand the image to the correct ratio. See Appendix C for an image example.
- If delivering encrypted content, please login to your GSCA account and navigate to this link for the DKDM certificates: http://bit.ly/2GPlSNr
- Please send DKDM date range from August 15-September 22, 2019, to email@example.com and GSCA2019@imax.com
IMAX Laser 2D or 3D DCPs of Any Length
- Submit your order to IMAX specifying version and authoring KDM range of August 15-September 22, 2019
The above list is not all encompassing. If there are any questions about acceptable delivery file formats, please email GSCA2019@imax.com as alternative file formats may be acceptable.
- New films will have five minutes of introduction time.
- Films in Production will have two minutes of introduction time.
- Trailers will have two minutes of introduction time.
A speaker’s timing device will be used to keep us on schedule. Presenters will be able to introduce their film clip from the podium but not during the running of a film clip unless your clip is silent. Please note this theater does not have the ability to "duck" the sound during the running of film, so presenters will need to choose between sound from the booth to accompany a film clip or the mic at the podium while film is running.
Submitters must designate who will introduce each New Film, Film in Production or Trailer. Please email those names to Tammy Seldon, GSCA Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to September 1.
Rehearsals will be held Monday, September 9, 2019. Requests for specific rehearsal times cannot be accommodated. Each new film and rough- or fine-cut will have a 10-minute time slot to rehearse the film. Submitters must designate who will be present for the rehearsal to Tammy Seldon, GSCA Executive Director.
Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns. Email is often the best way to reach IMAX (GSCA2019@imax.com) and Tammy email@example.com).
Cancellations and Penalties
Should the project submitted not be available for presentation at the GSCA Conference, 50% of the original screening fee will be refunded to the submitting party.
Daily penalties will be assessed for films not received by the deadline. The GSCA staff will not have the authority to waive fees or accept projects after the final deadline—only the GSCA Executive Committee may waive fees. The late delivery charge is $100 per day (weekend days included) until the film is delivered. All late fees must be paid before the Conference begins in order for the film to be screened for delegates.
GSCA cannot guarantee that films received after the deadline will be screened at the Conference.
If there are further questions about this process, please call Tammy Seldon at 1-919-346-1123 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.