We are excited to announce that GSCA will host Virtual 2020: Imagine, Engage, Energize on September 22-24, the same days we had planned to see all of you in person in Chicago. GSCA Virtual 2020 will include much of what you are used to from our annual conference:
- Screenings of new films, films in production, and projects in development, all on a secure online platform (submission forms are due July 24)
- Professional development/learning sessions covering all aspects of the giant screen industry.
- An innovations session.
- A session on the state of the GSCA and the giant screen industry.
- Many opportunities to connect and network.
Going virtual gives us the chance to try some new things too:
Films will be available for viewing on a secure platform at your convenience the week before and the week after the virtual event. That means you can watch them with everyone who makes decisions at your organization, or at home with your family to get their opinions. New film screenings will also be scheduled at specific times during the week of September 14-18 in case that works better for you.
Organized by various job functions, special interests, and more, these sessions will allow you to connect with your colleagues to compare notes and dig deeper into the issues you are facing.
Opportunities to Connect
Meet with producers, distributors, manufacturers, and other suppliers via online meeting rooms. And we made sure to include virtual happy hours at the end of each day, because we know important discussions happen at the “bar.”
Two inspiring speaks will provide insights on how to be successful in this strange new world:
- Afdhel Aziz is the author of Good is the New Cool, which shows how brands can unleash the potential of a revolutionary new model: How to Make Money and Do Good by Harnessing the Power of Cool.
- Bob Cooney is the go-to-market strategist behind some of the most successful immersive entertainment startups in the world. Bob's session "Relaunch—How Companies Are Getting Back to Business" will provide insight into how the most successful operators are navigating these perilous post-COVID waters.
Click here for more info about both speakers.
GSCA Virtual 2020 will include the following sessions, with additional details and presenters to be announced as they are confirmed.
- Marketing the Re-opening and Beyond, led by Mary Jane Dodge, MacGilivray Freeman Films; and Marlene Janetos, Consultant
- Educational Programming, led by Tina Ratterman, BIG & Digital; and Brad Lisle, Foxfire Interactive
- Reopening Best Practices and Innovations, led by Ryan Holota, Saskatchewan Science Centre; and Paul Fraser, Blaze Cineworks
- Marketing Informed by Formal and Informal Data, led by Paul Wild, IMAX Victoria; and featuring the expertise of Caroline Borgudd, Swedish Museum of Natural History, Cosmonova; Lea Silver, IMAX Victoria; and Chris Hurtubise, Consultant
- Production and Distribution: Ancillary Revenues and Fundraising, led by Phil Streather, Principal Large Format
- The Innovations Session, organized by GSCA's Innovations Committee, will compare footage shot with various drones.
- The State of the GSCA and the Giant Screen Industry, led by Alan Nursall, GSCA Chair and CEO of TELUS World of Science-Edmonton; and Paul Fraser, Blaze Cineworks