There are two ways to access the platform.
From a web browser, visit https://eventmobi.com/gsca2020/
1. Open the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
2. Search for EventMobi and install the EventMobi app
3. Open the EventMobi app and search for GSCA2020
4. Once you download the app, the icon on your home screen looks like this:
5. Once in EventMobi, enter the code GSCA2020.
GSCA has put together a short video about the virtual platform features, and you can watch that on Vimeo or on YouTube. Instructions are also included below.
You must log in to access the platform, and only registered attendees will be able to log in. Enter the email address you provided on your registration form. Once you have entered your email address, you will be prompted to enter a password. If you have used the GSCA conference app in the past few years and created a password then, you will use that same password again this year. Click on "forgot password" if you need a reminder, and then check your email for password reset instructions. If you are using EventMobi for the first time, you will be asked to create a password.
Please note that GSCA staff does not have access to user passwords, so we cannot provide it if you have forgotten it. You must use the “forgot password” feature on the login screen. If you still are not able to log in, please firstname.lastname@example.org and Kelly will check to make sure your email address is on the attendee list.
How to Watch the Sessions
To watch the sessions each day, just click on the Main Stage widget of the virtual platform home page. The Q&A with Afdhel Aziz, the round table discussions, and the happy hours will be held on Zoom, and we will let you know during the livestream when and how to join those sessions in Zoom. If you do not have a Zoom account yet, please sign up for one and download the Zoom app here: https://zoom.us/signup.
What You'll Find on the Platform
- the live stream of event sessions being held September 22-24
- information on the films that will be presented, including the links to view them at your convenience from September 14-October 1
- your personal attendee profile
- the event schedule and the ability to create your personalized schedule within in the app
- session descriptions
- the attendee list and the ability to message and meet with attendees within the app
- information about sponsors
- presenter biographies
- notifications and alerts
Customize Your Profile
After you have logged in, customize your profile by clicking on the icon in the top right corner of the screen and then on “edit profile.” Add your photo, your social media links, some details about yourself, and more.
For privacy concerns, your phone number and email address have not been included in your profile. You must add these to your profile on your own if you would like other attendees to see that information.
Under your profile settings you will see any sessions, sponsors or documents you have favorited, as well as any messages that other attendees have sent to you through the platform.
Make sure that under “preferences” in your profile options you allow the platform to send you notifications so you receive any alerts or updates we send during the event.
The home screen of the platform is where you will find everything you need to participate in GSCA Virtual 2020, and you can navigate using the widgets or the menu on the left side of the screen.
- MAIN STAGE is where you will view sessions on September 22-24.
- SCHEDULE lists items by date/time or by tracks (films, learning sessions, connections, keynotes). Please note that all times listed are U.S. Eastern Daylight. The virtual platform does not automatically adjust the schedule to your time zone. You can build your own personalized schedule within the platform by clicking on "add to your schedule" for every event you want to make you don't miss (though we think the whole event is not to be missed!). Then, under your profile settings, you'll see the sessions you added to your schedule. You can export these as an .ics file to Outlook or whatever calendar program you use.
- FILMS will bring you to descriptions of all the new films. Consider this your film screening room.
- Be sure to visit the SPONSOR pages on the platform for contact information, details about their products and services, and links to videos and other resources. We couldn't produce this event without their support!
- ATTENDEES includes profiles for everyone registered for GSCA Virtual 2020. You can send messages to other attendees and request a meeting through the platform.
- SPEAKERS provides information about all the Virtual 2020 session presenters and keynote speakers. They’ve all done exceptional work to prepare their presentations. We couldn't produce this event without them either!
How to Watch New Films
New film presentations will be available to view at your convenience September 14-October 1. There are also scheduled screenings of each new film during the week of September 14, where registered attendees will be able to view the films via EventMobi and ask the producers/distributors questions about the film, marketing, and educational materials via the platform’s Q&A chat feature. Here’s how to watch the films both at your convenience and during the scheduled screening...
At your convenience September 14-October 1
Log into the GSCA virtual platform.
- From the home screen menu, choose the “Films” icon or “Films” in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Films are listed by the date of their scheduled screening, but select the film you would like to view and click on the film title.
- At the bottom of each film’s description, you will see a viewing link. Click on the link to view the film. Some distributors have added a password to their link, and those are included in the film description as well.
Scheduled screenings the week of September 14
- From the home screen, select “films” or “schedule” to see the scheduled time for each screening.
- On the date and time of a film’s scheduled screening, select the film title to bring you to the film details.
- At the top of the film’s information page is a video window where you will see a title card until the film begins to play. The film will begin playing at the scheduled time. If you don’t see the film playing, try refreshing your browser.
- Use the “Q&A” feature on the right side of the video player window in the virtual platform to ask questions during the screening.
How to Watch Live Sessions on September 22-24
On September 22-24, click “Main Stage” from the home screen on the platform to watch the learning sessions. Make sure you login a few minutes early so you don’t miss anything.
For the sessions that use Zoom (roundtables and happy hours), the Zoom links will be available in the session descriptions on the schedule. We will let you know when to click those links for those sessions.
The roundtable discussions and virtual happy hours will be hosted on Zoom. If you do not have a Zoom account yet, please sign up for one and download the Zoom app here: https://zoom.us/signup. We don’t want you to miss the networking and social gatherings!
For the Films in Production and Projects in Development session on September 23, we will email all film-buyer attendees a link to an online survey. This anonymous input is invaluable to producers and distributors, so please take the time to complete it. We will include a PDF worksheet of the survey so you can take notes during the session and complete the survey online afterwards.
Recordings of the sessions will be available the week of September 28. We will send information on how to access those when they are available.
#GSCAvirtual2020 on Social Media
Use #GSCAvirtual2020 wherever you’re posting so we can all follow along together!
If you are having any problems with the virtual platform, you can send an email directly to Kelly Germain at email@example.com or via the virtual platform by clicking on “Event Information” and then “Contact Support.” Those emails still go to Kelly, but you won’t have to leave the online platform to send it.