All Content is due to GSCA by March 26
- Film projects must have been submitted using the online submission form (submission deadline is February 26).
- The pre-recorded introduction and the film content should be sent to Tammy Seldon by any file-sharing service, or uploaded to GSCA’s dropbox.
- GSCA will upload all film content onto Filmocracy, the platform for GSCA Virtual Film Expo 2021.
Content Delivery Specs
- Encoded in h.264 in a .MP4 or .MOV wrapper
- All films must be 16:9 or 1.9:1, or 4:3 aspect ratio
- Target bitrate 16Mbps for HD 1080p (1920x1080) or 2k (2048x1080)
- Frame rate: 24fps
- Audio: Stereo, AAC, 320kbit/s, 48kH
- WebVTT files for on-demand streaming
- Burnt directly onto the film file for live-streaming
- New Films may include a pre-recorded five-minute introduction.
- Submitters may choose to show the completed version or a portion of the new film. Only film content should be provided.
- Registered attendees will be able to view new films on Filmocracy from April 12-30.
- Each New Film submitted will be allotted a 15-minute session during the Film Expo schedule to allow the distributor/producer to introduce the film, share behind-the-scenes footage, plans for film launches and talent available, marketing, educational kits available, Q&A with the producer, etc.
Film in Production
- Film in Production clips may include up to two minutes of introduction.
- Film clips may be up to five minutes of footage.
- The introduction and footage must be recorded in advance and submitted as one project file.
- A films in production session will be included on the event schedule. Registered attendees will also be able to view them on Filmocracy from April 20-30, after the scheduled Films in Production session.
Projects in Development
- Projects in Development presentations will be allotted a total of two minutes for the entirety of the presentation.
- Projects in Development files can be .ppt, .pptx, encoded in h.264 in a .MP4 or .MOV wrapper.
- A Projects in Development session will be included on the event schedule. Registered attendees will also be able to view them on Filmocracy from April 20-30, after the scheduled Projects in Development session.
Key Art/Film Still
Each project may include one image to be featured with the film description on the platform and website to help promote the film. The image may be key art or a still from the film.
- .jpg or .png (Must be vertical portrait layout 9"x12" @ minimum 72DPI MAX FILE SIZE 1mb)
- image should be sent as .jpg or .png file
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI): 72
- Color Profile: RGB
- Max File Size: 16 MB
- Send image to email@example.com
- All content available during the GSCA Film Expo is proprietary and for Film Expo viewing only. The content is not to be shared, downloaded, recorded, or copied in any fashion and the copyright and rights to all content remain with the producers.
- Producers/Distributors may wish to watermark content to provide additional content security.
- Filmocracy's virtual festival platform has multiple industry leading anti-piracy measures in place, and they are continuously developing more. Their solutions include industry-leading proprietary methods for geo-blocking, digital fingerprinting, access tracking, downloads, multiple concurrent untrackable sessions/logins, and some more that we cannot disclose due to security reasons. While Filmocracy's main attraction is the unique and fun atmosphere that they bring to the virtual festival experience, on the back-end their priorities are focused on security and scalability so that we can focus on enjoying the event!
Please contact Tammy Seldon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.