Mysteries of Egypt
Mysteries of Egypt transports audiences to a distant time and place where the Nile River Valley cuts an emerald swath through the desert sands. With its team of scientists, the film explores the architectural feats, legends, and history of the ancient Egyptian civilization. Float down the lush Nile and soar over the Valley of the Kings, as stars Omar Sharif and Kate Maberly (The Secret Garden) explore the latest discoveries and uncover many of the mysteries that surround these ancient peoples.
Mastered in 8k and retaining the glory of the original 4:3 negative, the classic film, Mysteries of Egypt is now available as never seen before. Explore a fascinating empire and discover why Egypt's unique treasures have captivated the world for over 5,000 years. Accompany the National Geographic team as they uncover the secrets of the pharaohs' tombs and the pyramids. Soar over the great pyramids of Giza, rush over the Nile, cross the deathly quiet Valley of the Kings, and descend into the shadowy chambers of the sacred tomb of King Tutankhamun. Starring native Egyptian and legendary actor Omar Sharif.
|Cultural Studies, Documentary, Historical
- 2011 IMAX Hall of Fame Award
- 1999 U.S. International Film and Video Festival Gold Camera Award in the History category
- Alternate Titles:
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: No
- Run Time: 38 minutes
- Format: 15/70, Dome-customized 15/70, IMAX Digital, IMAX Laser, DCI-compatible digital
- Produced By:
- Executive Producer: Ed Capelle, Richard James, Tim Kelly
- Producer: Ahmed Sami (producer: Egypt), Scott Swofford, Lisa Truitt
- Director: Bruce Niebaur
- Associate Producer:
- Writer: Bruce Neibaur (story and screenplay), John Pielmeier (screenplay)
- Cinematography: Reed Smoot (DOP), Jack Tankard
- Sound Editor:
- Visual Effects:
- Music/Score: Sam Cardon
- Editor: Stephen Johnson
- Other Credits: Starring Omar Sharif and Kate Maberly. Egyptologists/Film Consultants: Zahi Hawass, Mark Lehner, and Nicholas Reeves.