Incredible Predators deconstructs the world of major predators as never before, taking an intimate look at the remarkable strategies they use to succeed. Advanced filming techniques expose the planet’s top predators in extraordinary footage, putting the audience right beside them as they hunt—on land, under the sea or in the air.
Far from a film about the kill, instead the audience will be emotionally engaged with the key characters, learning how these supreme species must be at the very peak of performance to have any chance of success. Their backstory will be a key part of the narrative; to understand a cheetah’s dilemma you must meet her hungry cubs.
Top predators occupy an apex position within the habitats they dominate and, alongside dramatic animal behaviour, Incredible Predators reveals the unique relationship between predators and prey as a fundamental building block of ecology.
|Documentary, Animals, Nature
- Alternate Titles:
- Released: January 2017
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: Yes
- Run Time: 40 minutes, 24 minutes
- Format: DCI-compliant digital, IMAX digital, IMAX laser
- Distributor: BBC Earth, Giant Screen Films
- Produced By: Silverback Films and BBC Earth in association with Giant Screen Films
- Executive Producer: Neil Nightingale, Huw Cordey
- Producer: Supervising Producer, Myles Connolly
- Director: Alastair Fothergill
- Associate Producer: Fiona Charlton
- Cinematography: Doug Anderson, Richard Burton, Sophie Darlington, Michael Kelem, Alastair MacEwen, Jamie McPherson, David Reichert, Rolf Steinmann
- Sound Editor: Katie Hopkins, Tim Owens
- Visual Effects:
- Music/Score: George Fenton
- Editor: Andy Netley
- Narrator: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
- Other Credits: