Hidden Pacific is a pioneering film that profiles some of the Pacific Ocean's most beautiful islands and marine national monuments—breathtaking places that will leave audiences with a deep-felt appreciation for the beauty of nature untouched by civilization. The storied histories of Palmyra, Midway and other atolls—from the WWII Pacific Theater to their present environmental recovery and ecological research initiatives—provide the platform from which the film explores a diversity of science and human stories. Hidden Pacific is produced by Tandem Stills + Motion, in cooperation with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and affiliated organizations, which provided the filmmakers with unprecedented access to the bio-secure zones of the marine monuments.
|Documentary, Animals, Ecology, Nature, Oceanography
- Alternate Titles:
- Released: May 2019
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: Yes
- Run Time: 42 minutes or 20 minutes
- Format: DCI-compliant Digital, IMAX Digital, IMAX Laser, Laser Cinedome
- Distributor: Giant Screen Films
- Produced By: Tandem Stills + Motion in cooperation with the US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Executive Producer: Andy Wood, Ian Shive, Alice Garrett
- Producer: Ian Shive, Erika Nortemann, Mark Fletcher
- Director: Ian Shive
- Associate Producer:
- Writer: Mark Fletcher
- Cinematography: Director of photography: Ian Shive. Underwater photography: James Scott.
- Sound Editor: Adam Parrish King
- Visual Effects:
- Music/Score: Cody Westheimer
- Editor: Ian Maliniak
- Other Credits: Postproduction by RPG Productions. Rick Gordon, Post Production Supervisor.