This film plunges audiences to the ocean depths and takes them to some of the wildest locations on earth to witness the sights, sounds, and survival of the world's largest mammal. Whales
immerses audiences in an underwater world where muted light and color is dominated by sound.
Follow blue, humpback, orca, and right whales, and dolphins in their ancient migratory journeys. Discover how their amazing ability to hear and send calls over thousands of miles influences and guides their feeding, breeding, navigation, and socialization.
|Animals, Documentary, Oceanography, Nature
1998 Columbus International Film & Video Festival Chris Award for Science, Technology, and Travel.
- Alternate Titles:
- Status: In Distribution
- 3D: No
- Run Time: 40 minutes
- Format: 15/70, Dome-customized 15/70, 8/70
- Produced By:
- Executive Producer: Richard James
- Producer: David Clark, Christopher Palmer
- Director: David Clark, Al Giddings, Roger Payne
- Associate Producer:
- Writer: Roger Payne, Mose Taylor, Leighton Taylor
- Cinematography: Al Giddings, Andrew Kitzanuk, Paul Mockler
- Sound Editor:
- Visual Effects:
- Music/Score: Sam Cardin, with feature song by Yanni.
- Editor: James Lahti
- Narrator: Patrick Stewart
- Other Credits: Major funding provided by the National Wildlife Federation Endowment and the National Science Foundation.