- Nominations Accepted August 30–September 29, 2023
- Elections take place October 3–20, 2023
- Results announced November 2, 2023
Show your commitment to the Giant Screen Cinema Association and help shape its future by declaring your intent to run for the GSCA Board of Directors! Election to the GSCA Board is one of the highest privileges in the giant screen industry and is a valuable service to the association. Your thoughtful participation in this process is greatly appreciated. A description of the qualifications, responsibilities and time commitment are available here.
The GSCA Board is committed to nourishing and broadening diversity in the governance of the association. Particular attention is paid to adequate representation and balance according to the following criteria:
- Gender (including nondiscrimination based on sexual representation and orientation or gender identity)
- Racial/ethnic representation
- International representation and perspectives
GSCA Board of Directors
The GSCA Bylaws outline the makeup of the Board of Directors. There are ten vacancies to fill in this year’s election: one in each business category (distribution, production, related business, and theater); three at-large positions; and the Board will have the opportunity to appoint three additional directors to achieve representation that reflects the composition of the GSCA membership.
If you would like to be a candidate in the 2024 GSCA Board of Directors election, provide the following materials to Tammy Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 29:
- A photo of yourself
- The business category that best identifies your primary role in the Giant Screen Industry. The Governance Committee will vet nominations to ensure category accuracy prior to the election.
- Production (engaged in film production and/or postproduction)
- Distribution (engages in the distribution of giant screen films)
- Theater (engaged in exhibition of giant screen films)
- Related business (engaged in business of equipment manufacturing and supplies or business that is not included in the other categories)
- A short biography, including current title, company, and location, in a Word document not more than 500 words. Do not send as a PDF.
- Your statement of purpose in a Word document not more than 500 words. Do not send as a PDF.
- Optional: a one-minute video that includes your bio/mission statement
- Signed Code of Conduct Declaration
- Board skills matrix. Please indicate which skills you will bring to the board by placing an X in the cell. The information you provide on the form will be held confidentially with GSCA Executive Director and shared with the Governance Committee only after voting has ended. Please contact Tammy Barrett if you have any questions completing this.
Information about the current members of the GSCA Board of Directors is available on the GSCA website. The following Directors’ terms are expiring on December 31, 2023:
- Mark Katz
- Antonietta Monteleone
Representing Related Businesses:
- Pawel Achtel
- Meghan MacGillivray
- Tyler Mifflin
- Heather Farnworth
- Ryan Holota
- Richard Morrison
- Jim Remar
- Gordon Stalans
The following board members will serve one more year of their two-year term and will remain on the board in 2024:
- Patty Collins
- Amber Hawtin
Representing Related Businesses:
- Jonathan Bird
- Patricia Keighley
- Caroline Borgudd
- Dianne Clark
- Alan Nursall
- Adam Smith
Nominations must be submitted to the GSCA by e-mail to Tammy Barrett no later than Friday, September 29, 2023. GSCA members will vote for the Board of Directors between October 3–October 20, 2023.
Questions about the process should be addressed to Tammy Barrett by e-mail or by phone at 1.703.855.3699. Thank you for considering running to be a GSCA Board Member!