Director of Motion Picture Theatre Operations
Company: Marine Corps Heritage Foundation
Location: Triangle, Virginia
Title: Director of Motion Picture
The Marine Corps HeritageFoundation in Triangle, Virginia, has an opening for an experienced Director of Motion
Picture Theatre Operations to manage the operations, staffing and marketing of
our 369-seat Medal of Honor Theatre and simulated rifle range. The theatre
features a forty minute signature film that immerses visitors in the experience
of being a United States Marine. The Medal of Honor Theatre features a Christie
Laser Projection System. The theatre is also used for special events, meetings
and presentations, weddings and other appropriate functions. Medal of Honor
Theatre is open seven (7) days a week. Weekly work schedule may vary depending
upon the operational needs of the theatre including evenings, weekends,
holidays, and special events.
Essential Duties and
- Manage entire operation of Medal of Honor Theatre & simulated rifle
range which includes daily
decision-making, staff support, guest interaction, scheduling, P&L, cost
controls/management, inventory of concession, point of sale system, building
sales, community involvement, all safety and security standards including food
handling requirements, profitability expectations and effective planning.
- Marketing and scheduling related to signature film and other bookings
- Maintain, handle all PM and ensure the security for projection booth to
include light boards, sound boards,
- Manage set up and operation of all special event activities within the theatre.
- Responsible for a preventative maintenance (PM) in the theatre
including not only the auditorium
and concessions and food storage areas but the projection booth and all
equipment contained therein.
- Responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies
designed to both promote the theatre and its varied offerings and increase
annual attendance at the theatre.
- Provide effective coaching and delegation to team according to
operational and procedural needs,
maintaining high standards and following up on specific direction provided.
- Manage staffing requirements, to include the hiring of seasonal help.
- Ensure on-going staff development, including cross training and
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with all areas of staff
to include MCHF, NMMC, vendors and visitors.
- Complete and post theatre employee schedules in a timely fashion.
- Manage all aspects of customer service and guests relations adhering to
the high standards required by the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation.
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors, guests and staff of the
theatre and the National Marine Corps Museum, as well as the Marine Corp
Heritage Foundation and demonstrate a
strong customer-focused, service-oriented work
- 3-5 years of motion picture theatre management experience.
- A degree in business or management preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation and maintenance of Digital
Projection, Automation, State of the Art Sound Systems and Point of Sale systems.
- Experience with special event coordination and execution including
setup and operation of projection,
lighting and sound.
- Understanding of or proficiency in IT and Networking configuration,
operation, and maintenance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of the
operation and management of motion picture
theatre including staffing, scheduling and customer service.
- Experience and knowledge to ensure operation meets all
applicable Health Code requirements. Documented Food Safety Training and
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication
skills and the ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Physically capable of bending, stooping, and lifting moderate loads.
Contact email@example.com for further information