GSCA to Celebrate Industry Perseverance and Leadership at the 2021 Virtual Conference
The GSCA Event Planning Committee has made the decision to forego the traditional GSCA awards again this year. With member theaters closed during the pandemic, they did not have ample opportunity to screen the eligible films and do not have the staff available to submit marketing campaigns and education programs. New films that were released during the eligibility period did not have the opportunity to be viewed on the giant screen, as they are meant to be seen, by an industry audience at a GSCA event. All programs and films that would have been eligible in 2020 and 2021 will be eligible when we resume the awards in 2022.
However, we do want to recognize members’ perseverance and all the good work that has been done to get the industry through these challenges. For that, we will need your participation in the following...
A Celebration of the Industry
Send your videos and images by August 20
We would like to collect visual samples and produce a video for the GSCA 2021 Virtual Conference that celebrates the industry’s resilience and how we worked together to keep audiences safe and engaged during the pandemic. Theaters, producers, and distributors offered creative virtual programming to help keep audiences engaged. Manufacturers and other industry suppliers moved quickly to help the industry adjust to the new protocols.
Examples of videos to send
- virtual programming you produced or made available
- a video you produce specifically for GSCA that highlights what your organization did
- clips from webinars
- videos you produced for your customers giving them guidelines for new protocols, etc.
- a testimonial that you record yourself
- Segment should be no more than 30-60 seconds.
- If you are sending a virtual program, webinar, etc., please send only the segment you would like us to feature, not the entire webinar or program.
- Clips may include graphics, music, and narration/voiceover.
- If you are recording a testimonial via a mobile device, please record the footage horizontally.
- Send as a .mov or .mp4 file.
Please send your video to email@example.com by August 20, and please contact Tammy if you have any questions.
Recognizing Industry Leaders
Submit your nominations by August 20
Although we have been through trying times recently, there are people, groups, and organizations who stepped forward in 2020 and 2021 to lead the industry and help members through these challenges. If you would like to nominate someone to be recognized during the GSCA 2021 Virtual Conference, please complete the form at the link below by August 20. The recognition can be for small acts or large gestures—anything that demonstrated leadership. Nominees must be current members of GSCA.
Submit your leadership nomination here
Thank you for helping us recognize industry leadership and resilience!