Details for the 2023 awards will be announced soon
2022 Awards Criteria
The GSCA Achievement Awards have not been given since the 2019
Conference in Victoria, and the GSCA Event Planning Committee, with
input from member distributors, has voted for the following approach for
the 2022 awards to address the backlog in eligible films.
We will present awards for each year the ceremony was not held (2020 and 2021) as well as 2022, using the standard eligibility period we have used in the past:
The full GSCA Film Awards Critieria can be found here.
- Films released between June 1, 2019–May 31, 2020, are eligible for the 2020 awards categories
- Films released between June 1, 2020–May 31, 2021, are eligible for the 2021 awards categories
- Films released between June 1, 2021–May 31, 2022, are eligible for the 2022 awards categories
- If a film is released within 60 days of the eligibility period, between April 1–May 31 of its eligibility year, the film can choose to defer to the following year.
Marketing and Education Recognition
There will be no marketing and education awards this year. Because we would still like to celebrate the industry, each distributor can recognize one theater that has done great work. These are not “awards” but rather recognition that will be included in the awards ceremony. Distributors will submit a video up to one minute explaining who you are recognizing and why. The deadline for these submissions is July 20 and can be emailed to email@example.com.
Nominated by GSCA members, the Outstanding Achievement Award
recognizes industry contributions of lasting impact. Nominations for the
2022 awards will be accepted until June 17. Criteria and the nomination process for the GSCA Outstanding Achievement Award are available here.
- June 13: Film award submission forms due
- June 17: Outstanding Achievement Award nominations due
- June 27: Film files due for virtual screening
- July 6-20: Films available virtually to voters for awards consideration
- July 6: Ballot sent to member key contacts
- July 20: Award ballots due
- July 20: Materials for awards ceremony due from distributors (film awards and marketing/education recognition)
The purpose of the GSCA Awards is to recognize industry excellence, and this new plan gives as many films as possible the opportunity to be recognized. In addition to recognition in the industry, these awards could potentially lead to future funding and sponsorship, which we all know is the hardest part of getting a film made. Awards can be an essential aspect of building a pipeline of quality educational and entertaining content. We look forward to recognizing exemplary work in the giant screen industry this year.